Click to enlarge & download to your computer.
1. Warner Kasern farmers
2. Warner Camp Police
3. Camp Police at funeral of Police Chief
4. Sports in camp
football team (soccer) with Van Eck & Wills
5. Event on sports field with American flag
6. Lithuanians with flag
6a. Lecture facing front
7. Lecture facing rear
8. Group on stage
8a. People in Auditorium (shows the mass of people
who lived in Warner Kaserne)
9. Visit of US Army Officer
13. Second Amnericanation course; 1st discussion Group
of Mrs. Trabant from Bill to Miss D.L. Tibble
14. Girl Guide group and campus residents in the big hall at Warner Kaserne
15. Staff at DP camp Warner Kaserne
16. Staff at DP camp Warner Kaserne
17. Another photo of staff at DP camp Warner Kaserne
19. Audience watching ballet in hall.
20. 'Big shots' come to visit Warner Kaserne, 1949
Col.__?__ Swartz Cox (Belveder at back); photogrpher J.Gaidys
21. Dignitaries leave: after second Russian visits;
with US Army major and DP heads of groups.
Photograph by Earl H. Meneau
22. Assembly in big hall, children in first four rows
23. The Soviet visitor's car is surround, attacked & burned.
24.The burned out car of the Soviet visitors
25. Car overturned and burnt
26. The burnt papers of the Soviet visitors
Shipping into camp or shipping out to new countries
27. Moving in or moving out.
They had very little when they moved in.
28. People saying goodbye
30. DP residents leaving camp.
31.Transport leaving: People at train going to new homes
32. Saying goodbye to camp life
33. Under Hitler SS guards had first class acommodations while ...
Mon, Jan 21, 2019
Subject: RE: Warner Kaserne dp camp photos
Thank you for sharing these. This was a massive place with thousands of people living there after the war. This was not a good place, lots of horror stories I’m sure.
But looking at the photos, no matter where the Ukrainians went, hardships or not, they blossomed like a flower with their religious beliefs and traditions.
No matter where you look, you just see it. Daria email@example.com
Back to Warner Kaserne, page 1
Olga Kaczmar / USA